Research has shown that exposure to a second language early in life is one of the best tools for cognitive development. Here at L’Academy, we take on a holistic approach to teaching a second language through Meaningful Activities. We believe a child should play! Our curriculum is focused on developing the whole child in a fun and loving way. On a daily basis, our children practice their social and communication skills. Throughout our curriculum of meaningful activities, our children are shown pathways to become confident, creative, expressive, and compassionate citizens of the world.
Licensed Infant Toddler Preschool Centers Near You
1. SF Hayes Valley 49 Page Street, San Francisco, CA 941022 (infant/toddler/preschool)
2. SF Nob Hill 1868 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109 (infant/toddler/preschool)
3. SF CPMC 1040-1060 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94109 (infant/toddler/preschool)
4. SF SOMA 322 8th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (infant/toddler/preschool)
4. SF Mission 866 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94110 (infant/toddler/preschool)
1. Arden 2820 Eastern Ave, Sacramento, CA 958212 (toddler/preschool)
2. Midtown 1625 22nd St, Sacramento, CA 958163 (infant/toddler/preschool)
3. Folsom Coming Soon (infant/toddler/preschool)
4. North Natomas Coming Soon (infant/toddler/preschool)
5. Davis Coming Soon (infant/toddler/preschool)
6. Elk Grove Coming Soon (infant/toddler/preschool)
1. San Mateo 608 N El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA 94401 (toddler/preschool)
2. Redwood City 2336 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94063 (infant/toddler/preschool)
3. Santa Clara 351 Saratoga Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050 (infant/toddler/preschool)
4. Sunnyvale (coming soon) (infant/toddler/preschool)
1. Kensington 1550 Oak View Ave, Kensington, CA 947062 (toddler/preschool)
2. Fairfield 5150 Business Center Drive Fairfield CA, 94534 (infant/toddler/preschool)
1. Cary 101 Preston Executive Drive, Cary, NC, 27513 (infant/toddler/preschool)
What Our Families Say About L'Academy
Our child was due to start at LAHV exactly as the the city had to close due to COVID. Unfortunately, we didn't get to start until a couple of months later. Communication with staff was our number 1 priority, and we have been massively reassured by the staff as we've undertaken this relationship. Our child has had their ups and downs with starting preschool, but the school has been so supportive as we all try to muddle through together. I am 100% satisfied that my child is getting to do activities that are appropriate, fun, and educational for them. I especially appreciate the updates through the day via the app, as it gives us a way to ask our child about their activities that day. The app also lets us do touchless sign-ins and update our info with the school, put people on the "nono" list (for picking kiddo up), see our financials with them, and see a timeline of what kiddo's been doing since starting there. The school has a well-developed COVID plan and that has been communicated thoroughly with the chance for questions every step of the way. It's a scary time to be starting this journey, but we're really excited to continue our child's education, get them social time with their peers in a safe environment, and also get time to accomplish our workday responsibilities. (This last point was taken for granted with childcare pre-COVID. Never again.) In closing, we've had a great experience so far, even with some attachment issues and the general issues going on in the world right now.
Kate San Francisco, CA
The school is excellent! We love having our toddler in this brand new neighborhood center and the organization is very organized and structured in their procedures. Staff and teachers are communicative and caring. My guy is learning a lot through play based education and has a ton of fun in his new school! We were at first concerned at a lack of an attached play yard but the kids spend a lot of time outdoors in neighborhood parks and gardens and I've never seen any centers with as much light filled indoor space as this facility! The classrooms are massive and there is a separate indoor gross motor skills play room, perfect for rainy/smoky days. Pricing is typical San Francisco childcare, but on par with equivalent centers in the area.
Kristen E. San Francisco, CA
Our language immersion programming is intertwined in the daily curriculum. Prior exposure to a second language is not necessary to enroll in our program. Mandarin immersion is currently offered at most locations. We also plan to offer French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Arabic, Hindi, and Russian immersion in the future! Language tracks may vary at each location. Please indicate your 1st and 2nd choices when leaving us a message.
Civility is the common thread in all we do. Our staff and students embrace diversity and the intrinsic goodness of all children. Learning a second language is also a great way to gain cultural awareness. Our ultimate goal is to develop each child mindfully with love and compassion which will ultimately make them successful citizens of society.
Our playful project-based curriculum leverages STEM, creative arts, music and performance arts to inspire curiosity and creativity.
Our children put on shows 2-3 times per year for their parents and grandparents. These group performances help build confidence and stage presence early on. While these skills are much harder to train and retain later on in life, they are much more intuitive for young children to grasp. We envision our children to be successful public speakers in front of thousands when they grow up.
Included in the overall cost of care, we provide a hot lunch and morning and afternoon snacks each day. We aim to use organic ingredients whenever possible. We do not use nuts.